About the EMA
The Oregon Electronics Manufacturers Association has been serving the electronics community in Oregon for over 40 years.
In the early days, the EMA, formerly known as the Northwest Printed Circuit Association, had a focus on the manufacture of printed circuit boards and printed circuit board assemblies. The Association was heavily weighted with corporate members directly associated with the manufacture of printed circuit boards and printed circuit board assemblies. Over the years there has been an evolution within the Association that has led to serving corporate members from the many various types of businesses that serve the electronics industry.
Today, EMA corporate members represent a vast array of products:
- Printed circuit manufacturing and assembly
- PCB assembly equipment
- PCBA testing, test engineering and failure analysis
- SMT stencils and stencil nanocoatings
- Contract manufacturing and assembly
- Custom wire cables and harnesses
- Electronic/electrical components
- Electronic design and manufacturing services
- Electronic test
- LCD assembly, LCD repair and LCD optical bonding
- LCD embedded and touch screen technology
- Membrane switches, instrument panels, and graphic overlays
- Precision machining and micro-machining
- Plastics injection molding
- 3D printing and additive manufacturing
- Sheet metal and metal castings
- Packaging, kitting, and plastic bags labeling
- Gaskets and insulators
- Financial recourses aimed at the tech industry
- Digital marketing for manufacturing
- Regulatory testing, engineering, analysis
- Leaded and lead-free solder paste, wire solder, bar solder, and flux
- Design and manufacture RF/microwave cable assemblies
- Forensic and consulting engineering services
- Solder, cleaning chemistries, ESD supplies and bench top tools
- Adhesive tapes and labels for high technology industries
- Fiber optic test and calibration
- Data acquisition and recording equipment
- Embedded products
- Passive, connector, electromechanical and discrete components
- Backend semiconductor test
- Electronic coating technologies
The Electronics Manufacturers Association of Oregon empowers and encourages local manufacturers’ growth and success. We are an organization that stands for keeping Oregon a place of economic opportunity for our member firms by informing and educating our members on leading technological, regulatory, and economic topics, promoting their interests to local and state governments, and facilitating productive relationships. Our aim is to serve our members so they continue to be Oregon’s job creators and innovators, helping them stay competitive, sustainable, and profitable in Oregon, the U.S., and around the world.
The EMA regularly organizes events for its members and the local industry as a whole—socials, presentations, factory tours, and a large annual expo. Events include people representing:
- Business Ownership
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Design Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
We continue to evolve and serve the electronics manufacturing community by offering programs and tours that relate to a broad range of topics that apply to the overall industry. One of the objectives is to provide a forum where people can learn to operate more effectively and become more aware of suppliers and companies in the local area that support the range of products required.
Every October since 2000, the EMA and the Oregon Electronics Representatives Association (ERA) host the Northwest Electronics Design & Manufacturing Expo (NEDME), the region’s largest show of its kind. We encourage you to attend or exhibit at the next show.
It is our intention to continue to keep pace with the electronics industry as it moves forward. If you have suggestions that will help the success of our efforts please don’t hesitate to contact us.